Selections for the 2015 Music Memory Program
- “El Grillo” – Josquin Des Prez
- “Two Part Invention No. 8 in F Major” – Johann Sebastian Bach
- “Molto Allegro” (4th movement) – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Symphony No. 41 (“Jupiter”)
- “Rondo” (3rd movement) – Ludwig van Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No. 5 (“Emperor”)
- “Allegro vivacissimo” (3rd movement) – Piotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky’s Violin Concerto in D Major
- “Clair de lune” (3rd movement) – Claude Debussy’s Suite Bergamasque
- “Summertime” – George Gershwin’s Porgy and Bess
- “Variations on a Shaker Melody” (Section 7) – Aaron Copland’s Appalachian Spring
- Mystery Piece (can you name the composer?)
The links on this page will take you to websites that have been designed specifically to provide you with interesting and engaging activities that are sure to stimulate the interest of your students as they prepare for this season’s Music Memory experience.
You will find wonderful activities for your students at the following websites. Of particular interest for Music Memory are activities that will help students learn about the various instruments of the orchestra and help them with biographical information about the composers they will study this year. Please explore the sites with your students; you will be delighted with both the information and presentation. Enjoy!
|Dallas Symphony Orchestra – DSO Kids
|Classics for Kids|
Here are a few links to activities that you and your students will find interesting: